Monday, July 28, 2008

Hip Hemp

Aloha, it's a new week! New beginnings and new food to be tasted.. So my skin has not taken too kindly to the estrogen-rich soy I've been eating. I have had soy yogurt, soy pudding and soy milk! Quite a bit of it too! Lately my smoothies were becoming soy yogurt based, so this morning I was almost forced keep my fast. Fortunately, I pulled it together and realized I can still make amazing smoothies avec sans soy! Today I was craving blueberries so I made a Hip Hemp smoothie thats still fruity, creamy and oh so tasty! I used my new favorite protein powder called Nutiva Hemp Shake Berry Pomegranate thats organic, non-dairy, gluten-free and 100% soy-free! You would never guess where I found it.. 24 hour fitness! They also sell Chocolate and Amazon Acai shake flavors and for around $14.95.


Hip Hemp
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 c frozen raspberries
1 T almond butter
1 T sesame tahini
2 T ground flaxseed
2 T Nutiva® Hemp Shake Berry Pomegranate™*
1 c hemp milk
1 T agave nectar
2 T golden raisins
handful of ice cubes

*Ingredients: Organic hemp protein, superberry blend (organic mesquite pods, organic strawberries, organic blueberries, organic raspberries, organic cherries, organic pomegranates, organic Sambazon® açai, organic goji berries, organic guar gum, inulin from chicory root), organic Fair Trade Certified evaporated cane juice, organic berry flavor. Contains tree nuts.

Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into one large glass or two medium size glasses. Enjoy! (Side note: This is a super thick smoothie so a spoon might be best!)

No comments: